Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mikko's First Camping Trip

Mikko cozy in the swing. It was much cooler weather than I expected. David is in the background running around and around the tent.
Mikko napping in the tent. In his swing of course.

Mikko STILL swinging. The batteries started to die and I panicked a bit, but they made it through the trip.


Enjoying the campfire.

Enjoying a beverage by the fire. Mikko, that is.

Napping on Daddy's lap.

David and I ventured to the playground. He wanted to try out every swing they had.

Last night we went camping at Nerstrand Big Woods State Park. David has been talking about camping for months so we just had to go. We got everything we needed in the car, miraculously. Most importantly we brought Mikko's swing. David had a great time just running around and around the campsite, picking up rocks, putting rocks in the chairs, putting rocks in my shoes, putting rocks on the dogs, putting rocks in can coolies. Such a boy.
Mikko did AWESOME! He slept a lot, must be the fresh air. He wasn't fussy at all. He got up twice during the night but went right back to sleep both times.
Jimmy was Houdini. I woke up in the morning and he wasn't in the tent and I panicked. He had weazled his way through the tent zipper sometime before we woke up. I called a few times and he came running though. I guess the zipper needs to be closed at the top from now on.
We had a great time! Many more camping trips to come with my family of boys! Well, I guess there is Foxy, but everyone THINKS she is a boy anyway, even when she is wearing a hot pink collar.


No comments: