Monday, March 29, 2010

I Did It!

Here is a picture of Me, Carrie and my Mom last year when my sister did the 3-Day. At the time I said "I couldn't ever do that". I didn't think I could raise the money and I thought I wasn't fit enough to do it.
_________________
But, 7 months later,
my first BIG challenge is complete. I raised the minimum $2300 to participate in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3 Day! Amazing. I am hoping to raise even MORE through my team's Garage Sale in May and any other way I can think of.
_______________________________


I have such generous family, friends and coworkers. I was shocked at the donations people gave me...people at work I barely even talk to wrote checks because they have experienced the effects that breast cancer has had on their lives. People thanking ME for doing this because they lost their Mom way too early.
_______________
I've already begun the 24 week training program and am into my 4th week of the training. I feel fantastic!
______________
On Saturday I went to an organized training walk at the Mall of America. I went by myself and ended up walking with a group of ladies in the 60s. One of the ladies, Marilyn, was a Breast Cancer Survivor and had also lost her sister to breast cancer. She had done the 3-Day 5 times but this year she wasn't doing it. I asked her why she was at the Training Walk and she said she wanted to come out and support the walkers any way she could because she said we are doing such an amazing thing, she wants to be a part of it even though she isn't going to do the event this year. I left the training walk feeling so proud of myself and more convinced than ever that I can do this!




2 comments:

Little Leah said...

That's so great Rebecca! You are an inspiration!

Grandma Carol said...

We are all so proud of you. You took on a tough challenge and we support you all the way. Keep on truckin'. Your little boys are someday going to know what it means to work extra hard for something you believe in.