Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend - Split Rock Lighthouse

Sunday morning we ventured to Split Rock Lighthouse. A guided tour was starting just as we arrived so we decided to join the tour. Notice the rest of the tour going up the stairs in the background. I don't think I heard a word of the tour - just chasing Independent Mikko all over the place!
Playing with dirt during the tour - typical Mikkers!




Mikko w/ a juice pouch - shortly after we got busted for having it - we didn't know that you can't have food or any drinks on the grounds.


Up in the Lighthouse.


I walked with David down to the shore so we could see the lighthouse. Here he is holding his Treasure Map he got in the giftshop.


Here are all the stairs we had to climb back up! Yikes! Notice David is WAY ahead of me. He kept me moving though as I didn't know where he'd end up if I didn't catch up with him.


Taking a break from our climb.


No comments: