Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crafty Day and Christmas Decorating




I'm having a dilemma planning for our Xmas tree this year. We are in the midst of ordering and getting new windows (from the Airport Noise Mitigation). They are most likely going to come close to Christmas. For them to put the new windows in, we have to move EVERYTHING at least 8 feet away from windows (because of the new lead paint laws). Anyone who has been to our house knows that 8 feet is darn near impossible in our cozy house. So, we may have to move the Christmas tree. I don't want to put it in the basement

I decided we won't put any ornaments on it this year in case we have to move it. So today, we made a homeade tree garland out of scrapbook paper and some twine. David had lots of fun helping me pick out the papers, cutting and stapling. He loves to help me with projects. We also put up lots of Christmas decorations so the house will be all festive when we return after Thanksgiving. He wanted to put things in the strangest places so when he wasn't looking I'd put things where they were more aesthetically pleasing : )

Damon is bringing our Christmas tree from the Shack today. They cut one for David's room too! Can't wait to smell the freshly cut Westfork tree. I can't imagine Christmas without a special Shack tree.
*****
And now I better go up stairs and see what David is up to....it is WAY too quiet up there. Hope I put the Sharpies away.

3 comments:

Amundson Girls' Adventures said...

I have the same Merry Christmas sign you have on your fireplace, I have it on a mirror in the dining room. good taste

Jen and Todd said...

I'm stealing your tree decorating idea! It is PERFECT for two curious 11 month olds! I want them to experience having a christmas tree, but I was thinking of just putting lights on an artificial one for them and that's it...but thanks to your idea I can still decorate one for them! Thank you!

The Lee Life said...

Yes, just buy some Jute rope/string. I found it in the Jewelry making area of Joann. I cut pieces of scrapbook paper 2X4 and folded them in half over the rope, then stapled the paper. It turned out cute. Super cheap, super easy. Good luck!