Monday, August 22, 2011

3 Day - Day 3!!!!

Day 3 - here we come! Bringing out the feather boas.
This picture made us all laugh so hard. What the hell am I doing. Becky looks absolutely miserable and Carrie and Sara look like they are going to kiss. Too funny.

Making our way through downtown St. Paul to the Capitol.


My work friend Carol lives downtown and waited for us with a cooler full of ice cold wash clothes!



We did it!



One of the Safety Crew that is out on the route keeping us safe - he is our 3-Day crush. He made all our hearts pitter patter a little bit.



Closing Ceremony Shoe salute to those we've lost to breast cancer.




Celebrating the survivors who walked - even those going through chemo participated - amazing.




Ending the day with a beer and letting Damon grill an awesome dinner for us.

______________________


Yesterday was the end of another AMAZING 3-Day. While I didn't walk all the 60 miles (blisters and some sickness prevented it), I had the most amazing experience.


Thank you so much to everyone who donated - your donations to breast cancer screenings, early detection and advancements in treating breast cancer are the whole reason we walk. I was amazed at the donations I would receive and the support I got from family, friends, co-workers and facebook friends.


Thank you to everyone who took time from their weekend to cheer us on - Carol, Mandy, Leah, Britta, Winnie, Viv, Tracy, Mary, Christine, Sophia, April, Adeline, Carol S.


A special thank you to my parents for your trip here to support me and Carrie and helping with the boys.


And the biggest thank you to Damon for hauling his parents-in-law, kids, niece and nephew around in a mini-van all weekend. I can't believe how supportive you were through this whole event. I love you so much Damon.


A moment that I will always remember is at closing ceremony. Walking in with 2000+ walkers, each who raised over $2300 to participate. As we were walking towards the capitol a very young woman, I'm guessing she was in her early 30s. She was bald, clearly as a result of chemo. She was crying and holding onto her husband. She was cheering "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" to all of us walkers. We did the easy part - asking for money and getting some blisters and sore muscles.

1 comment:

Little Leah said...

That picture is really funny! Are you trying to get The Cheeks to take a picture with you??