Saturday, November 19, 2011

5K Turkey Trot

This morning a bunch of us did a 5K race by Mystic Lake. We have all been diligently training for the past 2 months but were still nervous before the race began. Luckily we beat the snowy cold weather. Here we are before the race.
It was fun for us to do this together!

Damon did awesome for not much training!

Mary and Christine coming in strong!

I was quite pleased with myself. I was 3 minutes faster than I had planned to be. It was a really tough hilly course. I had not trained at all on hills. Next year I will! I wasn't even that close to being last!!

We were all pretty happy when it was done. We were even planning the 5k events we are going to do over the next year!

______________________


Last August I decided I needed to do something to live a healthier life. I think I have found my "thing"! I had planned to attempt a 5k around Thanksgiving - Chad and Christine were also planning on it, so our plans came together. I really think that running is now a part of my life. I find myself craving it and feel bummed on the days I don't get to get outside and go for a jog. Although I am pretty slow now, I plan to keep training and see where this newfound hobby takes me. I've never felt better and I feel I have a new "spring to my step" these days.

2 comments:

Jen and Todd said...

WAY TO GO! Congratulations!

TheMcLaughlinFamily said...

Awesome job Rebecca, Damon & everyone! You're lookin good!