Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mikko is 1!




Playing with his shape sorter from the Fougner's

Happy Boy



A mischievous look



Practicing clapping



Having a good time




Just so you know he isn't all smiles all the time, here he is laying at my feet having a "moment".
____________________________

The day has arrived, our baby Mikko is now 1 year old.

I feel like it was just yesterday that Damon exclaimed "It's a boy" in the delivery room and my heart melted when I saw your beautiful face.
Never in a million years did I think I would have TWO boys,
and I wouldn't change it for the world.

You have the blondest blond hair and the biggest blue eyes.

You've challenged me,
made me laugh,
made me cry
and made me work really hard to be a better mommy to you.

You are sometimes demanding but also very sweet.

You are truly a Mama's boy at the point in your life.

The last year has been joyful and really hard, all at the same time.

I recently read that the name Mikko means Quick and Nimble - wow those words describe you to a "T". I have never seen a baby so curious and able to grab objects so quickly.
I know you will continue to be a very busy guy as you grow up.

You adore your big brother David.
It is fun to see you beginning to "play" together.
You want to play with everything that David is playing with.
You still giggle when David runs by.
We might as well skip the baby toys because you want all his matchbox cars and games.

Your attachment to Grandma Marlene makes my heart melt because we named you after after her father - Mikko Victori Kuusisto. You snuggle on her lap in a way different than you do with anyone else.

I can't wait to see you helping Grandpa Huntz at the shack. He has so many wonderful things to teach you about the Northwoods.

You will have so much fun growing up with your cousins - Bobby, Greta, Leah and Sophia. I never really had cousins growing up that were close to us so I am so happy you will get the experience of having cousins.

Grandma Carol will spoil you with her complete undivided attention as she has done for David.
She really is the proudest Grandma ever. Soon she'll be taking you to the Wild Rumpus and treating you to books, a favorite activity of hers!

We'll spend many fun June weeks with Grandpa Dave and Grandma Mary at Peter's. You might even skinny dip there!! They are so generous with you and also love you tons.

I love you more than you'll ever know my dear little Mikko.

I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you.

3 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

Happy Birthday my little boy wonder! You bring a smile to my face and melt my heart. Yes, I can't wait to enjoy life's special treats with you. We will have many fun adventures together and with your big brother.

Jen and Todd said...

OMG...this is so sweet. I'm in tears! Happy Birthday Mikko! You have an AMAZING family.

Little Leah said...

Mikko is already one! Holy cow-what a year! We love that smile, full of teeth and those huge rosey cheeks! We love you Mikkers-we'll see you on Saturday to celebrate properly!