Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Decorations

Grandma Carol and Grandma Mary bought this Advent Calendar for David when he was a baby. It is the BEST calendar - there is lots of room to hide treasures in it. David can count all the numbers this year so every morning he remembers what # day it is. This year I put chocolate in it every third day. The other days are stamps. He is starting to get REALLY disappointed when he opens the rubber stamps. "Oh no" he says, "Another stamp". It is pretty funny. But it makes the chocolate days all the better.

Theses are the mailboxes we are going to put our letters to Santa in.

My reindeer collection.

I love this tree my Mom made a long time ago. Mikko does too!

Stocking Grandma Marlene made. Mikko loves to pick at them. Mar - you might be repairing them again after this Chritmas!

My Grandma Opal gave me this Christmas decoration and it will always be one of my favorites. I remember thinking it was so magical when I was little. I love putting it up on her China Cabinet every Christmas.

My Mom made me the ceramic reindeer and angel when I was little. The plastic reindeer are from my Grandma also. Love them! The "pipe" was from the Snowman in 1984. Not only did we get presents from Santa when we were little, we always got one gift from the Snowman.
_______________

Our tiny house is full of Christmas. We have no room, but I will not compromise when putting Christmas decorations up!

1 comment:

Jen and Todd said...

I love your mantel. Actually...love it all!